Call for Workshops
Call for Workshops
The ICDAR2024 Organizing Committee invites proposals for workshops that will be held together with the ICDAR-2024 main conference.
The purpose of the workshops is to provide a comprehensive forum on topics that will not be fully explored during the main conference and to encourage in-depth discussion of document analysis-related technical, application, and community issues. In order to facilitate innovative collaborations and engagements between members of other research communities and the document analysis community, Workshop Chairs also strongly encourage other research communities to submit proposals on recent and other important topics that are used by the document analysis community.
Proposals should clearly specify/discuss the following:
- Workshop title
- The MAIN CONTACT organizer’s information (name, affiliation, and email address)
- Scope and motivation. A brief description of the workshop, suitable for inclusion in the conference brochure
- Preference for the duration (full day or half day) and date (August 31 and/or September 1, 2024)
- Workshop description that includes acceptable submission topics, specifying if the workshop will include papers in conference proceedings.
- Short CV of organizers, describing relevant experience and qualifications
- Relevance for ICDAR. Description of how this proposal relates to the main ICDAR conferences and previous workshops appearing at ICDAR conferences in the previous two years
- Anticipated target audience as well as expected number of attendees
*Submissions require at least two organizers from different organizations. Workshop proposals should be submitted in the form of a single PDF, up to 4 pages.
We encourage workshop proposals aimed at creating or improving the community. Proposals will be evaluated by the workshop chairs and conference organizers using the following criteria in reviewing submissions:
- How well the workshop complements the main conference
- The community’s interest in the topic.
- Is the workshop topic new and innovative? Will it bring new discussion or momentum?
- Has the workshop been presented at other conferences?
- Diversity and inclusion
- This includes diversity in the organization teams and diversity of topics.
- We encourage workshop topics that address issues of Diversity and Inclusion in document analysis applications.
- Social impact and ethical consideration
- The potential impact of the topics in the proposal.
- The social impact of the workshop on document analysis and recognition field.
- Experience of the organizing team and dedication of the main organizers.
- Preparatory work for having an engaging workshop.
- ICDAR2024 workshop organizers are responsible for the scientific organization and advertising of the event. Particularly, they are in charge of constructing a web page and putting it on-line by January 20, 2024.
- The ICDAR main conference organizers will handle the workshop registration and provide workshop space, coffee breaks and other facilities required to organize workshops (e.g. a room, a projector, and a screen).
- If a workshop incurs costs for invited speakers, the workshop organizers are required to bear that cost. The workshop organizers may solicit sponsorship to cover the relevant costs.
- Workshop organizers can decide on their own deadlines for submission and reviews. However, if they want the workshop papers to be included in the conference or workshop proceedings they must comply with the following rules:
- The papers must be peer-reviewed
- The papers must meet the requirement of ICDAR2024 proceedings style, format, and length
- The camera-ready due date of your workshop must be set before or the same as the main conference’s
- Each accepted paper requires at least one author to perform a full registration.
- On-line presentation is allowed but not encouraged.
- The registration fee for only workshop participatants will be discounted.
Submission Guidelines and Inquiries
All proposals should be submitted by email to the Workshop Chairs:
For any inquiries you may have regarding the workshops, please contact the Workshop Chairs.
- Workshop Proposal Due date: November 25, 2023
- Acceptance Notification: December 10, 2023
- Workshop web page online: January 20, 2024
- Dates of Workshops: August 31- September 4, 2024